Students will demonstrate an understanding of the principles of design by re-designing a real-world banner advertisement, so they can gain experience with applying the principles in an authentic scenario.
- InDesign Page Layout
- Horizontal Width
- Vertical Width
- Document Grid
- Snap to Grid
- Margins and Columns
- Principles of Design (Contrast, Repetition, Alignment and Proximity)
- Open “El Torito Banner Instructions” for the assignment instructions.
- See the document entitled “El Torito Ad Rubric” for the exact criteria under which this assignment will be graded. Make sure you have all the elements in the “4” column to ensure you get the highest grade possible!
- Remember the Principles of Design (C.R.A.P.): Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, and Proximity, and let them guide all your decisions as you build this banner! Remember to create a strong focal point, and a strong eyeflow using all of the principles! Think about what combination of words and images would get your attention and get you to buy meat and seafood at this store!
- When you are satisfied that your page layout meets all the assignment requirements, save it with your name in the filename.
- NEW PROCEDURE ALERT! Export the file as a High Quality Print format .PDF (File -> Adobe PDF Presets -> High Quality Print) and save the resulting .PDF file to the “El Torito Banner Project 2019” assignment in Google Classroom by the end of the day on Friday, September 13th. Note: If you do this correctly, you do not need to turn in the .indd file or your images!
- On Monday the 17th, we will do an online reflection writing activity in our Google Classroom that will ask how you used the Principles of Design in this assignment, so make sure you remember your C.R.A.P. (Contrast, Repetition, Alignment and Proximity)!
Assigned: September 10th, 2019
Teacher Pacing Due Date: September 13th, 2019