- I can agree to abide by the class policies by reviewing the established policies and procedures to help ensure the classroom is a safe and fun place for everyone.
- Classroom policies and procedures
- Welcome back! Today we’re going to go over the class rules, or as I like to call them, the policies and procedures.
- Society’s based on policies and procedures. Without ’em, we’re no better than poo-flinging monkeys in the jungle. Humans agree to abide by laws so we can all get along and get things accomplished with a minimum of screaming, head-bashing and poo-flinging.
- The policies and procedures are pretty straightforward, and they’re all posted in the front of the room where you can see them at all times. They’re all really based on one simple thing: respect.
- I’m going to show you respect at all times in the classroom, and all I ask is that you return the favor.
- I also ask that you treat everyone else with respect, so that they can do the same for you.
- The chairs have wheels for a reason: if you need to scoot over to collaborate with a partner, that’s great. Don’t use them to scoot all over the room, and don’t get up and wander aimlessly. Move with purpose.
- Have respect for other people who are trying to get work done, and don’t bother them. Don’t steal anybody’s work (or stuff, for that matter).
- Treat my stuff and the school’s stuff with respect, so that it can stay in good shape for you and for everyone else. Let me know right away if anything is marked, damaged or missing so I can address it immediately.
- We’re going to have a lot of opportunities to critique the work of others in this class. Keep it respectful, positive and constructive, please. Don’t feel bad if someone else critiques your work, it’s only going to help you improve and get stronger.
- I’ve got a lot of cool stuff to teach you in this class. Please don’t make it any harder for me than it already is by disrupting my class, or making it harder for the people around you to pay attention.
- I promise not to come to your room and mess it up; can you do me the same courtesy? I’d appreciate it.
- Don’t leave the room without my permission. I need to know where you are at all times. If you need to leave the room, please sign out on the digital sign-out sheet provided.
- Read your Student Handbook! We all (you and me both) are required to abide by its policies, so it’s important to know exactly what those policies are so you don’t violate them unintentionally (Or intentionally!).
- Do any of the class policies seem strange? Like something you shouldn’t have to be asked not to do? Guess what: the reason that policy’s in place is because some knucklehead decided to be a creep and had to be asked to stop. Please: Don’t be that guy.
- If you can agree to abide by these policies and procedures, then we can all get along. If there’s anything you feel like you can’t agree to here, let me know and we can talk it over.
Posted: August 6th, 2019