To explore and explain the meanings and psychological effects of colors.
Student-Friendly Learning Target:
I can continue to use web resources to discover the meaning of colors, and the psychological effects of colors on people.
Color Matters: The Meanings of Colors: https://www.colormatters.com/color-symbolism/the-meanings-of-colors
Color Meaning, Symbolism and Psychology: https://www.sensationalcolor.com/category/color-meaning/color-meaning-symbolism-psychology
- Color Theory
Continue using the provided websites to learn about the symbolism and meanings of colors and their psychological effects and common associations.
Today you should Read about the symbolism and meanings of the warm color Yellow, and the cool colors Green, Blue, and Purple. We will discuss these meanings in class. We will proceed with the remaining colors on Tuesday, after the President’s Day holiday.
Then, on your fourth artboard, use your knowledge of Color Theory and Color Harmonies to demonstrate some of the cultural and psychological associations of the major hues you read about.
- For each of the colors, include the following:
- A shape filled with the color, representing the pure hue.
- A text box with at least one complete sentence describing some things associated with the color.
- A text box with at least one complete sentence describing some of the psychological associations with the color.
- A text box with at least one complete sentence describing a fun fact you learned about the color.
- You may use the Color Wheel you designed in our previous assignment as a guide to the hues, and you may copy and paste information from the provided websites.
Posted: February 13th, 2020
Teacher Pacing Due Date: February 14th, 2020