To use the color wheel to identify and explain color theory terms and color harmonies.
Student-Friendly Learning Target:
I can use a color wheel to identify hues and their related color harmonies.
Sensational Color – Understanding the Color Wheel: https://www.sensationalcolor.com/understanding-color/color-theory/know-color-wheel-806#.Uup6bPZgMQU
Color Wheel – Color Calculator:
Color Game – Method of Action:
- Color Theory
- Color Harmonies
- Color Wheel
- Primary Colors
- Secondary Colors
- Tertiary Colors
- Split Complementary
Follow along with the in-class discussion on the color wheel and color definitions.
- After you have watched the tutorials, check out the color calculator to see an easy utility for calculating color harmonies based on a given color.
- Next, play the Color Game at the Method of Action website. Try to get the highest score possible for each of the Color Harmony levels.
- Take a screenshot (Command+Shift+4) of your highest score. You may replay the color game as many times as you wish to try and increase your final score.
- Place the screenshot on the third artboard (lower left) of the Adobe Illustrator document we started last week to complete today’s activity.
- The highest score in each class will win a prize!
Assigned: February 10th, 2020
Teacher Pacing Due Date: February 11th, 2020