- Bid a fond farewell for now.
- Tell Mister M how he did, and help him improve future classes.
- Look forward to the future.
- I can say “Happy Trails” until we meet again.
- I can remember what Mister M taught me, and use it to continue to make cool things.
- Computer Graphic Design
- Animate Film Festival
- Class Survey
- Summer Vacation
Hello, and congratulations! You successfully made it to the end of Computer Graphic Design 1-2! I hope this was a fun and productive class for you, and that you learned a few things that will help you in your future endeavors.
We’ll celebrate your great work over the next couple of days, with the End-of-year Animate Film Festival! Bring your movie-watching snacks, keep an eye out for your animation, and celebrate the end of a great year by enjoying the creative works of your classmates.
If you could take a moment to let me know how I did, and how I can improve for future classes, I have attached a brief questionnaire on the Google Classroom page. It’s not for a grade, but your feedback will help me out a lot, and I’d appreciate it if you took a moment to fill it out with your honest opinions.
Now that we’re done, above all else:
- Remember your C.R.A.P.! Contrast, Repetition, Alignment and Proximity are the basic building blocks of good design, and if you remember to use these principles, you can be sure that everything you create will not look like actual crap.
- Keep on learning! Don’t stop using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Animate! Make sure you’re taking a class with Mrs. Delgado (AMI or Multimedia) or Mrs. Chaudhari (Game Design) if you want to keep using these programs. Otherwise, download some demo versions and keep practicing with the software, or else you’ll forget much of what you learned this year! (Rest assured, that if you do forget things, it’ll all come back to you once you start using the software again. It’s just like riding a bicycle…)
- Create cool things! Nothing I’ve taught you this year is worth anything unless you use it to create cool things! Use the tools, principles and techniques I’ve provided you to make things that you are proud of, and want to show off to other people! Just use your skills to make things that you truly love, and other people will love them too. (Ignore the ones that don’t. Haters gonna hate.)
It has been my great pleasure to accompany you on your journey into Computer Graphic Design this year. I hope that you enjoyed this class, and continue to seek out the beauty in a world that is all too often filled with ugly and boring things.
Remember that you are a soldier in the fight against ugliness and boredom! Fight on, and never forget your C.R.A.P.!
Posted: May 20th, 2019