Welcome to Illustrator Week 3
This week we are going to explore more advanced capabilities of Illustrator, including layers, Symbols, Styles and advanced typography. Prepare yourself!
To learn and demonstrate an understanding of Symbols in Illustrator.
Student-Friendly Learning Target:
I can create and modify Symbol objects in Adobe Illustrator.
- Start a new document in Illustrator CC using the Welcome screen.
- Adjust settings in the New Document dialog box.
- Establish multiple artboards.
- Create a Symbol object.
- Modify a Symbol object.
- Use the Symbol Sprayer to rapidly place a large number of symbols.
- Create a new Illustrator Web document with four default-sized artboards. Save this document as “YOURNAME – Illustrator Week 3”. We will use this document throughout this and next week to practice with the advanced tools.
- Using the submarine you drew last week as a model, and the techniques demonstrated in class today, create three different symbols, each using a different color sub.
- Use a symbol and the Symbol Sprayer tool described in class to fill the rest of the first artboard with submarines. (Do not go over the edge of the artboard!)
Assigned: January 28th, 2019
Teacher Pacing Due Date: Februrary 1st, 2019