- Conceptualize and design a character to be used in a short animation.
- I can brainstorm a character that I can animate in Flash.
- None. See video links attached to Lessons 35 – 45 for review.
- For a complete list of Topics Discussed, please see the previous lessons (35 – 45).
• Answer the following questions about your character:
– Who is this character?
– What’s his/her/it’s name? What is he/she/it like? (Nice? Mean? Angry? Happy? Good? Bad? Somewhere in between?)
– Where does he/she/it live?
– What goals does this character have?
– What is unique about this character? Does he/she/it have any quirky character traits? (i.e. talks funny, speaks only in rhyme, etc.)
– Would you watch a cartoon starring this character? Why?
• Using this brainstorm as a guide, sketch out your character on a piece of paper. Don’t worry if you don’t think you can draw, just do your best to get a visual concept of your character. Repeat: don’t go overboard on the artwork – these should just be concept sketches.
• Your brainstorm document and concept art is due at end of class on Monday (04/28/14)
Due Date: April 28th, 2014