Last week, we watched the movie Helvetica, which explores not only the history and development of the Helvetica typeface and typography and design in general, but also explores the dichotomy between the adherence to established principles of design and the desire to express one’s stylistic individuality and vision. To further explore these ideas, please visit my Google Classroom page, and open the attached Google Form to answer the questions provided.
- I can reflect on the concepts and ideas introduced in the movie Helvetica by expressing my ideas in a brief reflective writing exercise.
Helvetica Film Website: https://www.hustwit.com/helvetica
- Grid Design
- Visit my Google Classroom to view the current assignment.
- Open the “Helvetica Reflection 2019” Form attached at the bottom of the latest post.
- Answer each of the questions in the document using complete sentences.
- You must have at least one complete sentence for each question in each prompt. (If you see two question marks, you need at least two sentences!)
- When you are finished, submit the form. If you need to go back and edit your answers, you can revisit the form page and change your answers anytime.
- Please submit this form to me before end of day on Tuesday, October 1st.
- When you are finished with this Helvetica Reflection assignment, you may work on any assignments that are past due.
- Remember that all past due assignments MUST be turned in before end of day on Thursday, October 3rd to receive credit.
- If you have completed all your assignments, the rest of the time is yours. Please use it wisely and quietly, and thanks for all your hard work this term!
Assigned: September 30th, 2019
Teacher Pacing Due Date: October 1st, 2019